Thursday, March 15, 2007

Baby Isaac is finally here! Born on March 8th, 2007 at 12:42 am.

THE RUN DOWN: Labor began at around 10:00 pm on March 7th and within an hour and a half, my contractions were 3 minutes apart and getting stronger. At this point Sean and I realized this was it, and we called our friends to come pick Makaela up for a sleep over at their house. Thank you so much Corry and Adrian! We got to the hospital around midnight at which point the midwives checked my dialation and told me I was fully dialated and that it was time to push. When I asked about having a water birth, one midwife said "Honey, by the time we get the tub filled, you'll have a baby in your arms". I was happy about the speed of the labor but sad that I wouldn't be able to experience the water birth. Isaac came out in 5 or 6 pushes, and Sean got to "catch" him on his way out. He was born at 12:42 am on March 8th. Isaac weighed 7 pounds and 6 ounces at birth, and scored 9 on the apgar scale. He is precious, of course, and we are now a happy and complete family of four. I'm grateful for a short labor and a healthy baby boy.
Posted by Picasa